Local Elections Matter!!
Welead OC's Progressive Democratic Women's Candidate/Political Development Training Program was developed to build a backbench of qualified Progressive Democratic women to run for local elected office, to work with political campaigns and to develop Activist skills --- Orange County is home to 34 incorporated cities where Democratic women, while comprising more than 50% of the population, hold less than 10% of Orange County's Congressional, State Assembly, State Senate, City Council, School Board and Community College Trustee seats.
What sets Welead OC’s development training apart:
- Welead OC's Candidate/Political Development Training program is the only program locally designed exclusively for Progressive Democratic women;
- Welead OC’s Candidate/Political Development Training is 100% local. Each of Orange County’s 34 cities are unique onto themselves;
- Welead OC focuses its development training specifically to the OC cities being represented and OC Regions.
- The challenges faced by a candidate in Santa Ana are completely different than the challenges faced in Dana Point. And the challenges of those seeking office in North Orange County are different than those seeking office in South Orange County. Cookie-Cutter approaches do not work;
- Welead OC provides its candidates with the resources (fundraising, field operation and volunteer base) they will need to be successful in their races, following each candidate through to election day;
- Welead OC PAC provides direct contributions to its candidates.
There is no charge for the three-weekend/6-day training.
WELead OC's three weekend, 6-day, in-depth political development training program focuses on educating and training women in all aspects of political campaigns, the tools required to prepare for and implement a run for elective office, working as professionals with political campaigns and developing activist/organizing skills.
Participants must be registered as a Democrat as of January 1, 2019. Applicants must also be residents of Orange County.
The political development training program is open to Progressive Democratic women interested in running for elective office in Orange County, Progressive Democratic women, Women of Color and women living in under-represented communities, interested in working on political campaigns and becoming Progressive activists.
- Women in Politics
- Becoming a Candidate/Setting up Your Campaign
- Your Story
- Developing/Retaining Volunteer Organization
- Social Media
- Raising Money
- Developing a Sound/Strong Door-to-Door Field/Canvassing/Organizing Program
The comprehensive and intensive training program will take place over 3 weekends, beginning Saturday, April 13th, Sunday, April 14th, Saturday, April 27th, Sunday, April 28th and Saturday, May 4th, Sunday, May 5th.
Training is from 10:00AM – 5:00PM at the offices of UNITE HERE! Local 11, 13252 Garden Grove Blvd., Suite #200, Garden Grove, CA 92843. Breakfast and lunch will be served.